Tools & Services
Tools & Services
BBMRI.cz system is well prepared to address current bio/medical challenges such as
- need for quality-defined material and data
- the use of material and data for meaningful research
- compliance with ELSI (Ethical, legal and social implications) requirements
- Expert knowledge on preparation, cryostorage, and handling of human-derived biospecimens, derivation of biobanking specimens from diagnostic pathways, modeling specimen and data workflows for new users/participants.
- Expert knowledge on the usability of material stored in biorepositories to make the best use of precious biological specimen collections thus preventing irreproducible or meaningless research.
- Offering high-quality human-derived clinical material within the currently applicable European legal landscape for an eligible researcher.
- Technical support for procedures such as tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, and molecular techniques.
- Linkage of biospecimen workflow through hospital databases to relevant clinical data under, assurance of patient anonymity protection, curation in relation to clinical data, biospecimen data and specific registry data such as National Cancer Registry.
- Expert advisory services on biospecimen/data quality during every point of the biospecimen life cycle pertaining to the operation of the BBMRI. This requires close collaboration with hospital quality management, coordination at the BBMRI.cz level and close cooperation at the BBMRI-ERIC levels
- Help with project preparation and participation.
Tools within the community available
The directory serves as a tool of finding relevant samples and data for your research.
The negotiator is a unique platform for communication between biobankers and researchers.
The connector is a tool for biobanks. It will provide you numbers of samples fulfilling the search criteria.