BBMRI.cz system is well prepared to address current bio/medical challenges such as
- need for quality-defined material and data
- the use of material and data for meaningful research
- compliance with ELSI (Ethical, legal and social implications) requirements
- Expert knowledge on preparation, cryostorage, and handling of human-derived biospecimens, derivation of biobanking specimens from diagnostic pathways, modeling specimen and data workflows for new users/participants.
- Expert knowledge on the usability of material stored in biorepositories to make the best use of precious biological specimen collections thus preventing irreproducible or meaningless research.
- Offering high-quality human-derived clinical material within the currently applicable European legal landscape for an eligible researcher and eligible industrial collaborator.
- Technical support for procedures such as tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, molecular techniques and customized antibody design.
- Linkage of biospecimen workflow through hospital databases to relevant clinical data under, assurance of patient anonymity protection, curation in relation to clinical data, biospecimen data and specific registry data such as National Cancer Registry.
- Expert advisory services on biospecimen/data quality during every point of the biospecimen life cycle pertaining to the operation of the BBMRI. This requires close collaboration with hospital quality management, coordination at the BBMRI.cz level and close cooperation at the BBMRI-ERIC levels.
- Expert help with research project preparation.
- Designing and setting up prospective clinical research activities such as investigator-initiated clinical trials involving human biological material and data.
- Lectures and excursions for public.
Tools within the community available